Wednesday, May 6, 2009

TORNADO! ZOMG?!

BEWARE: RANT AHEAD

In case the CAPS LOCK didn't alert you to whom this is; it's ALY! :)

Hihi!

This week's been kinda weird; first with Monday's complete weirdness involving some random creeper-guy hitting on me on fb as well as the other grrr's. Conflict with Rorito was resolved in a good way, which made my day much better.

But now it's Wednesday. I learned something today I would have rather not known.
Just so you know, the way to get somebody to NOT want to know something is NOT to tell them they DON'T want to know it. Because then their curiosity will bug them until they find out and then realize that they, in fact, did not want to know.

(I SHOULD KNOW. THAT HAPPENED TO ME. TODAY.)

Worse, when I find out about something that disturbs me, I am likely to discuss my AHH/GRR (depending on what it is) with people I trust; and then they give me advice. That usually works like this:

Aly: "I LEARNED SOMETHING I DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW TODAY AND IT BOTHERS ME MUCHLY GRRR/AHHH!"
Friendperson: "Uhoh, what's wrong?!?!?!?!"
Aly: "Uhm, it involves people. I shouldn't share. Uhhhh...."
Friendperson: "It always involves people. Your twin?"
Aly: "*tinynod*"
Friendperson: "And..."
Aly: "Yeah, you figure that out."
...
Friendperson: "OH."
Aly: "Right."
Friendperson: "You're right, that is GRRR/AHHH! Any way I can help?"
Aly: "I don't knowwww."
Friendperson: "Okay. 1. CALM DOWN. 2. GO TO YOUR HAPPY PLACE. 3. CALM DOWN MORE. 4. DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE/ARTISTIC. 5. LET OTHER PEOPLE HANDLE THEIR OWN PROBLEMOS."
Aly: "BUT I SUCK AT THAT!!!!!!!"
Friendperson: "You're completely helpless. Go eat chocolate and STOP SPEAKING IN EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!"

(It actually doesn't end like that but I was getting annoyed typing that way. Whee.)

Conclusion: PEOPLE (not friendperson's. they're pretty awesome, if terrible at giving advice.) ARE STUPID AND I AM EASILY ANNOYED.

Every now and again, there is a jewel of a peice of advice. Today, it was "Just let them make their own mistakes. You can't stop them; they'll learn. Just support them, and if there are bad consequences, you will be able to help them."
(Courtesy of Pandaberry, who speaks from experience.)

*endrant*

We were supposed to recite our script this afternoon, but the National Weather Service and the School System spazzed about TORNADO WARNING IN YOUR AREA so MAlly couldn' t perform for Mrs (teacherwedon'tyethaveanamefor). YAY! :)

Unfortunately, "DANGEROUS" WEATHER (I doubt TORNADOES in our county. Pfft.) means that there is no actual world news on. Weather monopoly on the television.

I'm using this time to NOT do my math homework, think, and work on making my desk area look like a tornado hit it. (Ha. pun. ish.)

:)

Quote for today:
"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it."
~Agatha Christie

-Aly

No comments: