Monday, December 28, 2009

The Good, The Bad & The Incredibly Strange

I just love how I have the patience to blog, but nothing happens so as soon as I lose patience, everything happens.
Sweet.
ohboy. Astronaut just sent me a link. I'm about to get really distracted *moves mouse to link* ...NONONO DO NOT CLICK THE YOUTUBE LINK DO NOT CLICK THE YOUTUBE LINK MOLLY DO NOT CLICK THE FREAKING YOUTUBE LINK!! YARGH!
*sigh* defeat. here. it's so true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCjcMZ2g6r0&feature=channel

Astronaut is a great friend to have around, but sometimes the amount of nerdiness that accompanies conversation with him is unbearable. I really want to shoot him with stupid... I'm currently making plans with Rorito :D I'm reallyreally excited. We're going ice skating! WOO!

Anyways, back to what I got on here for. I think I'm going to start this out with something incredibly weird.
I just had cranberry juice for the first time since before Thanksgiving break ended, which was like...over a month ago. It's bizarre, and I'm not sure why, but I just haven't wanted it.
Here's where it gets more interesting than my drinking habits:
OOH. Speaking of which, red > white...even though my cranberry juice weirdness has nothing to do with that.

YEAH. SO. I didn't blog yesterday so I'll start there. I went with my family to church and had to acolyte at 10 which was uneventful except for the fact that they had me carry a cross for the first time ever and it kept wobbling and hitting things! AUGH! *fail* I came home afterwards and did pretty much nothing (I could get a master's degree in that by now.) until about 1:45. Benjamin had been planning a gathering at Starbucks for quite some time. As far as I was supposed to know, it was going to be me, Benjamin, his sister. We shall call her Michael xD only beacuse she was Michael Jackson for Halloween and I can't think of anything else at the moment. Also ummmMickey who is another sorta mutual friend was going to be there. Although Benjamin never explained why he had it planned so far in advance, I figured it out about a week ago. Needless to say, I wasn't too surprised when Benjamin walked in with Michael AND his girlfriend (We'll call herrr Robin) who is made of awesome. I was SO HAPPY to finally be able to meet her! She's a crazily crafty little genius, and she and Benjamin are an absolutely adorable couple, but they're like... whipped squared. Also, Robin was a little handsy to Benjamin which made me a little upset that Benjamin would allow it all 1) around me and 2) in public.
Oh well. That's not important right now.

After sitting around and talking and such for a while, we noticed a particularly odd-looking old(ish) man sitting about 5 tables away from us.
They all told me I should just go sit down over there with him.
*sigh* they should have known I actually would.
I'm kinda glad I did! We ended up talking for a good while about school, studying abroad, Europe* and other such topics. He actually works at Starbucks, but he recently quit his other job to be a writer (EPIC. WIN.) I could have talked to him for a whole heck of a lot longer than I did, but they all called me back over to the table where they were. When I sat back down and told them about my conversation with Mr. Notreallyacreeper, Benjamin suggested we go to CVS. Pharmacies are always fun with friends. Aly and I have been yelled at or kicked out of every single one around here, but that's not the point.

We looked at a bunch of cards and I took creeper pictures of Benjamin & Robin :] *proudofself* After a while, mothers began to arrive. Benjamin's mom came to get Benjamin & Robin & Michael, and then my mom showed up in George. Mickey's mom arrived soon thereafter. I'm convinced that mothers have this magical child sense because they all just KNOW when to show up.
Sadly, that was the most interesting part of my day yesterday.

TODAY was pretty exciting! (George = dad's/my car--yeah sharing a car for a while. It's going to be interesting.)
My mother FINALLY gave me permission to get my license (W00!) so this morning we called the DMV to make sure we had everything we needed to bring. Apparently we were missing some little insurance thing, so we went to get that from the Farm Bureau somethingoranother before going to the DMV where we only waited about 10 minutes. The test was incredibly easy which was a relief. I think everyone must have that moment where they hit a milestone like that and everything that goes through their head is something to the effect of "I'm the bomb!"and then they realize that a bazillion other people in the world have been here before them. That's a bit of a downer, but it's still exciting to do something like get your license.

All I wanted to do afterwards was go somewhere BY MYSELF. Unfortunately for me, mother dear had other plans. She made me cart her around for another couple of agonizingly mom-filled hours before having me go home so she could take my brother and his friend to the movies in George since dad had the other car at work. When we got home, I realized that she wasn't planning on leaving for another twenty minutes, so I paid Kangaroo a short visit (first time I drove by myself)! I got George when mom came back from dropping the boys off, too. I creeped Bingo & Crant...well I sorta creeped Crant. I had to give him one of Aly's business cards...which in all honesty was mostly for his madre who wasn't there at the time. I got to see his sister though which was a happy thing! The two of them had been watching LOTR which is a major win...except after being there for a few minutes, I started to feel awkward, (urgh.) so I left.

After leaving Crant's, I creeped Bingo. Aly, you would be proud to know that I let Shark in the house! {INFILTRATION!} He was eating soup which he had spilled down the front of his shirt xD it looked funny. I actually ended up talking to his mom quite a bit which was nice because she's highly entertaining. I even got to see embarassing photos of Bingo! :D
Inevitably, (because I was there) we wound up on the subject of Crant.
Crant, Mrs. Hebert says she doesn't like you, she's mad at you, she's going to hit you, and wants to know where you live. I find this rather amusing.
:)
My mom texted me a little while later though and I had to go home. I didn't do much other than that today except my brother and I went to pick something up from Grammy & Grandaddy's...and we got Chick-Fil-A on the way home.
Yep. That's my day.

Um. Aly took a train yesterday which had me unreasonably nervous because I started writing this story (which I should work on) in which one of the characters is taking a train from Paris to Frejus which ends up going for a swim at the bottom of a lake.
She's fine though. She met her host family & says that her sister is awesome and her brother is like MY brother which is rather unfortunate if you ask me.

Righto. So now I'm going to bed.
Goodnight :)
~Molly

*WE'RE GOING BACK TO HOLLAND THIS SUMMER & THIS YEAR WE'RE SPENDING A WEEK IN SCOTLAND POSSIBLY WITH ALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*MAJOR EXCITEMENT*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MOLLEH!!
G'job with Shark! Congrats on your license. Bleh at Crant; yay Corinne! I watched HP6 on the train and wrote a blog; we were sitting by nice people that seemed to be playing musical chairs without music. I'm addicted to Owl City. Hahahaha, Bingo = mess. His mom is quite amusing... THAT'S AWESOME ABOUT THE NOTREALLYACREEPERGUY. Authors are awesome. haha, starbucks. And WE have been kicked out of/yelled at in every pharmacy around there, to be precise. I haven't asked about Scotland yet.
Your day sounds veryyyy exciting; mine was bleh-ish until lunchtime. You already know what I think about Robin. Who is Mickey? >.<
I'll talk to you later, we have to go pick up a rental car. It's manual, and French people drive like crazies. You should be afraid.
<3much,
-Alleh

Anonymous said...

Sup i am new on here, I came accross this site I have found It amply useful & it's helped me out alot. I should be able to give something back and assist other users like its helped me.

Thanks, See You Around