Monday, January 11, 2010

Frolic!

HEY!

Well, hi there. Aly here. Y'know, the one in France. :)

Although I'm massively behind on posts for my personal blog, I figure MAlly Chat needs some love, too. I know it's MONDAY, but I for one have had one of those Good Days. The rare days that seem to never occur on a Monday where you have so much time to relax that you almost wish you wouldn't! (Uhm. Uhm. I don't feel guilty at all about not working on my blog because I just posted something. Okay, thanks. Go read it now?)

I'm going to exclude the boring school stuff and the running around in the morning in an attempt not to be late. If I haven't shared my horror stories... well, I haven't, except to a few people. (Molly?) I'll elaborate more on MY blog when I get around to writing about my first week of school (if I say it'll be done by Friday, I guess that's a good goal. I just have to COMMIT!), but basically: I FAIL AT BUSES.

So if we completely ignore my lack of time management skills in the morning (we're ignoring a lot of things and pretending today was perfect; don't burst my bubble), THE VERY FIRST THING IN MY DAY WAS GOOD!

Because I ACTUALLY made it onto the bus, and got to my school! Although it was barely on time... there's a rather unfortunate detour between downtown and my school that makes the bus ride long and had me running into the school. The usually-crowded enterance (think big, box, atrium.) was empty, and the black-clad students were walking casually to their classes. Pardon me, but school had just or was about-to-by-like-one-minute start, and they were just CASUALLY WALKING?! I, of course, scurried as though I were a squirrel with the best freaking acorn in the forest.

The only magical thing about this is that I didn't have to take out my schedule and check what classroom I was supposed to be in. I knew... likely because I hadn't actually gone to the class last week and therefore I was like AHHH I'M GOING TO BE SHOT BY THIS TEACHER BECAUSE I AM AWFUL. Yeah.

I SURVIVED, though! The teacher didn't seem to acknowledge my existence (this is good because then I don't have to introduce myself immediately and I'm not called out for being stupid), and my friends "bravo!"-ed my skill (except that was later). xD
I attempted to write notes in that class but the teacher talks REALLYFAST and was talking about things I don't understand. Unfortunately for me, I sat next to one of those kids that doesn't have "lights on in the attic", so my notes were like (this is practically verbatim):

" FRENCHWORD ... ... ... ... I LIKE TO RUN... ... ... ????????!... .... ... lalalala... ... EEEEEEEP! ... .... *daydreaming daydreaming daydreaming*... ~runnergirl~ erased mess ... ... ... wftisthismadness? SPARTAAAAAAAAAAA! :D ..."

(That suddenly seems a lot more fun. It wasn't, I assure you. An hour of not understanding anything will always be awful and make you feel stupid. I speak from many hours of experience.)

After that, I had two hours of French with my incredibly nice French professor (who speaks English really well, though ironically, this means he is simultaneously helping me improve my French and failing to help me...), during which I had to write dictées and talk to my buddy Touche. This, of course, is a pleasant experience for me.

AMERICAN STUDENTS: don't worry about your grammar. I do believe if you had to do dictées in English, you'd be fine. English isn't that hard, and the grammar is comparably straightforward.

Lunch is an hour long (WHOOHOO!), and after lunch, the other students in my class had a 2-hour-long test (actually, essay. I'd die) as preparation for their scarier-than-the-SAT-combined-with-death test. Since I don't have to take it, I got to go home!

OH I FORGOT. Lunch was awesome because FOR ONCE it was sunny and nice enough, so my group of friends ATE OUTSIDE. I guess they're the french Courtyard Kids, except they aren't considered to be stoners. xD ;)
There was still a bit of snow (uhm, millimeter) on a table in the shade, but I love the sunshine, so some of us moved out onto broken wood-and-concrete benches, which were rather wet. We talked about music (and why most of us hate High School Musical... Touche does, though, which is just bizarre) and random things. We laughed about our Converses, especially since Touche was stroking our shoes (now you get the nickname), and kicked him out of our circle because he was wearing skater shoes. xD

Touche and I ran around a bit after he found out I liked to dance; he and Zealander started dancing something that looked like the Shag, and I was reminded of painful memories. Short, fat boys with sweaty palms? Aghh. I tried to explain to them; Touche and Zealander understood but didn't translate so the others were left clueless about my dancing misfortunes.

The sunshine was so lovely after days of clouds, rain, and that teeeeeny bit of snow yesterday (is that what that is? huh...). Clear blue skies call me to frolic! The word for which (in French) is not nearly as awesome. Frolâtrer, anyone?

When I came back to the apartment, I got to rub it in Cacahu's face that I was home just as he was going back to school. Granted, I didn't actually do so, but he was all huffy about it, apparently. xD

Souhm, I spent my afternoon productively... reading blogs. And I just watched Ghost Rider (which still sucks massively) in French and learned more French words. :D I have to practice my rrrrrr. (like a Pirate!)

ALSO I HAVE A HANK SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD. Nerdfighters!

-Aly

1 comment:

MAlly said...

sorry i havne't blogged :P i should probably do that...